The Day the Earth Stood Still . . .
Saturday, December 13, 2008 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

The Day the Earth Stood Still . . .it would suck to be a sundial salesman. Having one half the Earth in daylight for half the year while the other side in darkness and then it would be reversed for the second part of the year would take a huge chunk out of sales!

Back to the movie.
I caught The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) over the weekend, and I must admit, I enjoyed it. Of course, I am biased towards Sci-Fi of any kind, and Keanu Reeves, of course.

I am ashamed to say I've watched the original movie that was made sometime in the 50's, and there's something to say about a movie made way back then.

I wont compare if they've captured the essence of the old version with the 2008 movie, but there's enough there to get a good idea of what's going on. The intro where we see how Keanu Reeves' character has his DNA stolen might be confusing to take in but that's just me nitpicking.

Speaking of nits and picking, I would have rather seen a kick-ass poster like the one way back when, instead of what they've put up for the current movie.

Compare the bland 'new' poster:



To the alien-grabbed-my-woman-like-king-kong-did poster for the original movie:


Some IMDB linkages here:
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Dav out
This entry was posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin