Driving me MAD
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

I'm usually stuck on one stretch of road when I drive to work in the mornings. Its a gentle upwards slope that ends with a very wide curve downwards and at the end of this stretch, 2 other major roads join in.

As you'd foresee, its 3 roads, each with 2 lanes, merging into a 3 lane road. Traffic here is insane. Its insane, partly due to the volume of traffic, but I think its mostly due to the crazy drivers all around me that don't seem to understand how to merge into traffic correctly (and safely!).

It drives me MAD.

I sometimes wish every car was equipped with some form of M102 105mm Cannon from the AC-130H. Just the knowledge that the other guy processes such firepower will surely make people drive carefully and be courteous to other drivers on the road.

Hence the term, Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD). Cooked up during the Cold War between the Americans and the Soviets (its always the Soviets!), it was an uneasy way of holding the peace.

What say you?

Dav out
|
This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin