WorkStarship 001
Sunday, April 06, 2008 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

I've never really paid much attention to my daily work ritual but lately I've been having this one image in my mind of a huge spaceship. As I come into work (if I'm the first one that is) I unlock the main grill door, and raise the door shutters. This somehow makes me think of coming out of a deep / cryogenic sleep after a long flight. Once that's done, I move into the inner office and switch on a bank of switches for the lights and a/c units. Again, this feels so much like powering up a ship bridge, watching the lights come on and the soft hum of the water kettle and fridge.

Then of course, since I'm in the bridge, I power on my server, my desktop, and my laptop all one after another. As I settle down into my seat, I swivel my chair from my desktop; logging in, and then launching myself into the internet, warp 3 please.

Dav out
This entry was posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 7:09 pm , Hurk said...

Haha, weird ideas you hae dude

 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin