New Vegas, how I love thee
Friday, September 02, 2011 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

So I've been playing quite a bit of Fallout: New Vegas, and I must say, its a pretty polished game. Then again, this is in theory my first exposure to the Fallout world, so what's new and mind blowing to me, might be something old and stale for other people who've played the previous few Fallout games. By now, the developers would have had plenty of time to tweak and fix things that aren't working in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Oh. this gun here? I'm uh, just happy to see you, that's all.


As for the general storyline, I think the developers have managed to build up a very rich atmospheric post apocalyptic world. Interactions with the NPC's, random things to kill and the general world is pretty tight. Of course you cant escape the usual need to grind, but the game spawns plenty of things to shoot and kill, though after a while these chance encounters get a little more easier. I remember cursing the very gods that came up with a Giant Radscorpion, but these days the only things that really give me pause are the Deathclaws (I found me some armour piercing bullets!).

I'm just happy to see you, and want to give you a nice big hug. Just mind the claws there



I'm pretty sure I'm 70% through with the game, and because the game pits you against yourself in 'moral' / 'karma' based activity, I think there should be at least 2 - 3 more rounds of replayability left in the game.

Look out for more!

Dav out.



This entry was posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin