Mixing it up on the Strip
Friday, September 02, 2011 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

Well, now that we've set the tone below (that I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas), I think its safe for me to come out with my very own New Vegas drinking game. I'm pretty sure someone's done this before (no, I haven't Googled it just yet) but here's my spin on things. We'll be using tequila shots to measure the potency of each item, ranging between 1 to 5 shots (at 5 shots, you're the winner, champ!). So get that bottle of José Cuervo (aged, none of that white clear stuff) and your shot glasses, because we're headed to New Vegas!

Note: Drink sensibly.
Note # 2: I just noticed the almost pun (really?), Mexico, tequila, Vegas... you feeling this?

1. Take a shot every time you shoot a coyote or scorpion (any type)

This might be a small problem, because at some point in time, you'll end up killing quite a few of these pesky critters (see Hidden Valley, huge spawn point).

Potency: 3 shots of tequila







2. Take a shot every time you run out of ammo (of any type - bullets or energy weapons)

VERY small chance. You might run out of ammo for ONE specific weapon you might have on you, but you're almost never dry in this game. Unless you're that guy that insists on carrying one weapon and it runs empty during a run in with a Deathclaw.  Bye, it was nice knowing you.

Potency: 1 shot of tequila (and maybe some milk on the side)







3. Take a shot every time you hear a profanity

DANGER Will Robinson! This might put you over. I cant remember what the rating is on this game, but the colourful language will make it hard to stay sober. Or pick fights with your TV.


Potency: 4 shots of tequila (and a body shot)









4. Take a shot every time you hear an NPC say "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter" (or something alike)

I'm sorry ma'am, your son died while playing a drinking game based on New Vegas. There's not much left of him, his body burst into flames when we tried to pry him out of the couch. He was just that flammable.

No, seriously.

They say these phrases ALL the time! Among others:
- When I got this assignment I was hoping there would be more gambling.
- We won't go quietly, the legion can count on that
- Ave. True to Caesar.
 
Since the longest gaming run I've had so far has been 6 hours, I've been tortured over and over again with these lines (I'm on the NCR end by the way). At one point, I saved the game, and then went all Apocalypse Now in an NCR encampment. That was satisfying.


Potency: 5 shots of tequila and Charlie Sheen crazy eyes thrown into the mix. Good luck and god bless you my son.


 











So, now you're drunk, and you're crazy like Charlie Sheen. Congrats.

Me, I'm going to play me some more Fallout New Vegas!

Dav out

Nevermind
I’ll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best
For you too
Don’t forget me
I beg
I’ll remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead
This entry was posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin