Friction
Monday, February 11, 2008 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

I don't know about you guys out there, but I'm very sure that in the course of a day's work, you'll come across an idiot or two. Now I don't work with customer service or a helpdesk, but at times, due to the nature of my work, I've had to provide tech based support to people that DON'T EVEN PAY ME!

Take for example, yesterday.

X: Hello, I need help!
Me: Uh, hey there hows it going? Good to hear from you too!
X: Yes yes hello. Look, I need help with something. I cant get my news! OMGZ!
(Ok ok so he didn't say 'omgz' he's 45 or something for god's sake!)
Me: News? Like BBC or CNN? On the TV?
X: No no no who watches TV these days? Online! The interweb!
(again, he said internet, I just changed it to interweb)
Me: Oh yeah ok cool, so you cant get your news. Why?
X: I don't know I keep clicking on it and it just shows the same page!
Me: Err, and how am I supposed to help again?
X: YOU'RE THE IT GUY!
Me: And you're my uncle.
X: IT GUY's ALWAYS HELP OUT!
Me: Help out uncles? On the phone? At 5pm when I'm having my tea and watching teh tv NEWS?
X: YES!
Me: Wow, amazing. Anyway, whats the website that doesn't let you get the news from.
X: Its
Me: Oh ok I don't know about that site, but I'd guess its using RSS.
X: Are sass?
Me: R. S. S. Google it.
X: So how do I fix it.
Me: Use firefox


No, really, use firefox damnit!
This entry was posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin