Style vs melting point
Sunday, April 19, 2009 | Author: Dav
Greetings,

I find it so weird that we in Asia have adopted the clothing style and in some way, requirements of the corporate world.

Long sleeve shirts and ties. In some cases, suits / coats.

Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure there's some guy in Europe etc laughing himself silly watching Asians dress for corporate work in these clothes when the temperature outside regularly goes up to 33° - 35°. That's the melting point right there.

If it was me, we'd be doing business in t-shirts and shorts. Nice, presentable shorts of course.

Dav out
This entry was posted on Sunday, April 19, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On 10:06 am , BEE-BO-BEE-BO said...

That's what you say, but you totally won't EVEN dare to do it.

 
On 2:48 pm , Dav said...

Yeah, that's why I said "if it was up to me. . ."

Its not up to me. We have so many people to keep happy as well as customs to adhere to.

 
On 3:59 pm , BA-BEE-BA-BEE said...

Even if it's up to you, you still WOULDN'T dare.

 
On 4:14 pm , Dav said...

If it was up to me, then I would have made a decision by then, right?

 
On 6:25 pm , Calle said...

Yeah, I feel bad for you corporate people in warm countries. Sooo hot! :P

 
On 12:32 pm , BEE-DA-BEE-DA said...

You just won't.

 
On 8:56 pm , AlesS said...

Indeed, I always crack a joke when I see a scene like that on TV. That's why I want to be just a regular developer, not a manager with a Russian dress code, when I move my office to a cocktail party beach in Malaysia. ;-]

 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin